Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez
- Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
- Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Subcommittee on Terrorism, HUMINT, Analysis, and Counterterrorism
Caucus Membership and Leadership Positions
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Congressional Progressive Caucus
- Congressional Social Work Caucus
- Congressional Urban Caucus
Sponsored Legislation in 113th Congress
H.R. 3207: Benefits Fairness for Filipino Veterans Act of 2013
To amend title 38, United States Code, to modify the method of determining whether Filipino veterans are United States residents for purposes of eligibility for receipt of the full-dollar rate of compensation under the laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
Latest action: Referred to the Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs (Veterans’ Affairs)
H.R. 965: To prohibit the possession or transfer of junk guns, also known as Saturday Night Specials.
Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit the possession or transfer of a junk gun which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce. Exempts the continuous and otherwise lawful possession of such a gun that began before the effective date of this Act.
Latest Action: Referred to the Judiciary Committee’ subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations